[ns] Unable to add new class in ns...

Hello everyone,

I have tried to add new class in ns (new traffic generator, new agent).
But I never managed to use them in ns.  (I have made all sensible
changes in related files)
Ns keeps saying : "invalid command name" ...

As a workaround, I took existing files (expoo.cc and udp.cc, .h) copy
them into expootest.cc and udptest.cc .h, I made the changes into those
files, notably "Application/Traffic/Exponenetialtest" and
"Agent/UDPtest". + changes into ns-default.tcl...

edited Makefile (tried Makefile.in too. BTW what's the difference
between editing Makefile.in and Makefile ?)
run make. ns compiled ok.

when I tried set toto [new Application/Traffic/Exponentialtest] , ns
said "invalid command name ..."
when I tried set tutu [new Agent/UDPtest] , ns said idem.

I am getting puzzled... It seems like there something wrong with my
installation of ns.
I am using ns-2.1b7 on Redhat Linux.

can anybody help ???

Regards
begin:vcard
n:Ciavaglia;Laurent Silvio
tel;cell:+ 33 6 14 09 40 86
tel;fax:+ 33 1 69 63 18 65
tel;work:+ 33 1 69 63 44 29
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.alcatel.com
org:Alcatel Research & Innovation;Photonic Networks Unit
adr:;;Route de Nozay;Marcoussis;Essonne;91 461;France
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
title:Research Engineer
fn:Laurent Silvio Ciavaglia