Re: [ns] Unable to add new class in ns...

> As a workaround, I took existing files (expoo.cc and udp.cc, .h) copy
> them into expootest.cc and udptest.cc .h, I made the changes into those
> files, notably "Application/Traffic/Exponenetialtest" and
> "Agent/UDPtest". + changes into ns-default.tcl...
>
> edited Makefile (tried Makefile.in too. BTW what's the difference
> between editing Makefile.in and Makefile ?)

	Makefile.in is used by ./configure for generating the Makefile.
You need to modify Makefile.in only if you plan on re-running ./configure,
which is typically not the case when you're testing stuff. Now, you said
you edited the Makefile... What did you do exactly? You need to add
expootest.cc (in your case) to the list of files to be compiled, but you
also need to add expootest.o in the list of object files to be linked when
generating the final executable (ns), otherwise, you won't be able to use
your new commands. If this doesn't work, I guess you'd need to provide
more details (a diff for instance) regarding the modifications you made.
Other than that, I doubt your problem comes from a bad installation.

	Cheers,
	--Nick

Nicolas Christin                        [email protected]
Multimedia Networks Group               http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~nc2y