[ns] ?'s regarding NS multicast architecture

A couple of questions for the users list:

- Can anyone explain the entire path a multicast packet
takes from arrival at a node to exiting the node? If
possible, could you go into detail of the various ns
objects and tcl functions that the packet passes
through.

Specifically, I am interested in exactly how the packet
arrives at the replicator and then is reproduced. If
possible, I would like to do my own replication outside
of the replicator in the Classifier object if possible.

- Has anyone done any sort of work with a dynamic core
for a BST? Also, has anyone done any work with a
member/sender on a BST?

- Finally, has anyone modified the replicator code? We
would like to write our own replicator to use our own
internal C++ tree information rather than using the whole
ofilist/iiflist bit with the BST. Any help regarding this
would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Aaron Striegel

Aaron Striegel, [email protected]
Dependable Computing & Networking Laboratory
Iowa State University