[ns] RTS/CTS Handshaking in 802.11

Hi Everyone,
In IEEE802.11, I tried to change RTSThresholed value (mac-802_11.h)
to see RTS/CTS handshaking effect on the performance. My packet size was 512 bytes
and the RTSThresholed default value was 3000. When I change it to 300, nothing has changed in
the performance and as u already know it will affect at least the delay of the packet.
When I go through mac-502_11.cc source code I found RTS/CTS is used regardless
the RTSThresholed, eventhough this idea is mentioned in the comment .
Am I right?.
Have anyone checked that before?

Regards,
Mohammed Al-kahtani