[ns] Question about NS2

Hi,

As I know NS2 is one of powerful simulation tools. Currently I am using
NS2 to simulate ICMP traceback messgae (iTrace). In iTrace, the middle
routers are ask to generate iTrace mesasge in a possibility (1/20k). I
wonder if anyone can give me point how can I create itrace module in NS2
(where and how)?

Q1: can router can generate a packet(itrace packet) in the middle routers?
    As I know, routers' function is forwarding. I doubt that the routers
    created by NS2 is able to generate "extra- packet" by itself?

Q2: Any pointer that I can learn NS2?

Q3: If I want to add a new module (itrace), where is the good point for me
    to add/modify codes?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

C.L.
Chien-Lung Wu						[email protected]
Graduate Student of ECE 				(O) 919-513-1894
at North Carolina State University			(H) 919-233-6724