[ns] installation problem any ideas??

Hi,
I am a new to ns. I was trying to install  ns-allinone-2.1b7 and got the
following error message during the build OTcl stage, any solutions.. thnx
in advance.
* Build OTcl-1.0a6
creating cache ./config.cache
No .configure file found in current directory
Continuing with default options...
checking host system type... alpha-dec-osf4.0
checking target system type... alpha-dec-osf4.0
checking build system type... alpha-dec-osf4.0
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
cannot create executables.
otcl-1.0a6 configuration failed! Exiting ...
Please check http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-problems.html
for common problems and bug fixes.

Manish Garg
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee