Re: [ns] install problem

Vikram wrote:
}Ns-2.1b7a has the wireles stuff already integrated into it.....you don't
}need top download the cmu-extensions separately!!! ( that was for
}ns-2.1b3...)....

>Vikram, thanks for help.
>
>But I need to implement some special wireless simulation( if I change the code
>in ns2,it will be much more complicated. But if I change directly from cmu
>extension it will be easier) related to cmu extension.

Ns has the 1.0 version of the CMU extensions integrated in to it as
Vikram says.  Are you saying that you need to modify some more recent
version of CMU's code?

>Is it possible that i still can install cmu-extensions in ns-2.1b7a? otherwise I
>must reinstall ns-2.1b3.

My understanding that CMU did their patches against the then-current
(now old) version of ns, so yes, you'll need to apply them to that
version of ns.

Given that there have been many portablity improvements and bug fixes
to ns since 2.1b3, you may want to consider making your changes in the
current version of ns.

   -John Heidemann