Re: [ns] multicast routing

Hi,

   you could use ns-2 for your purpose.  It can be installed on Linux
platform too.  And about "how" to do your simulations, the basics can be
learnt from the "NS notes and Documentation"... and there are tons of
example tcl scripts that come with the ns source, which tell you how
things are ought to be done.

   To incorporate a new "cost function" (or for that matter, if you want
to do anything totally new), I guess you would have to tweak the C++ code.

__Sridhar__

(p.s: for a starter, you could look at the example tcl scripts about
routing)