[ns] NS installation problem

Dear ns-users,

Please can anybody tell me what is the problem with the following
installation of ns2.1b7. One of my freinds is facing this problem :-

Initially, we have tried to install NS-allinone which is in the CD-Rom.
And that did not function because , in my opinion, it is necessary to
change several parameters in the system.

We have thus to try to install NS in parts. For that we started by the
installation of TCL8.3.2 and Tk8.3.2, the former versions already
exist in our system. (tclsh7.6 in /usr/local/bin/).

Both of TCL8.3.2 and Tk8.3.2 are well installed in the same level that NS.

The problem now is the installation of the tclcl and otcl.

After the configuration of Tclcl, the execution of 'make' leaves us
the errors in files libraries.

for  exemple:
-----------------------------
/usr/include/sys/siginfo.h:74: syntax error before `*'
Tcl.cc: In method `int TclObject::create_framevar(const char *)':
Tcl.cc:366: warning: implicit declaration of function `int snprintf(...)'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `Tcl.o'
-----------------------------

Then, we copied the file (for ex:  siginfo.h) in our repertory,
and we tried to correct the errors, but the execution of
'make' continue to display us other errors.

Our question is the following:
-----------------------------
It is necessary to update the libraries of the system (like
siginfo.h) or it is necessary to proceed in the way above (to
correct each  error in librery files!!).

another exemple of error message in the execution of ' make' for otcl:
/usr/include/sys/siginfo.h:74: parse error before `pthread_attr_t'
/usr/include/sys/siginfo.h:74: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/sys/siginfo.h:76: parse error before `}'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `owish'

Thanks for the help,

Sincerely
Amit Jain