[ns] Replicator and Demuxiplier?

Hi, there,
   I wonder when the replicator agent is actually
built up. When I construct a multicast group, I still
can't access the variable of Replicator after all the
receivers join the group but no data is sent. Only if
the senders sends some data, I can use getReps
(ns-mcast.tcl) to access the Replicator. Who can tell
me why this happens? Is it possible for me to access
the Replicator by getReps just after receivers join
the multicast group and no data are sent?

   Thanks!

David