Re: [ns] trace record discrepancies and format explanation.

Since Lan is implemented as a virtualnode in ns, it could be this lannode
that explains 21 nodes in yr sim. See documentation on LAN in ns-manual
for details.
--Padma.

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Devendra Goyal wrote:

> - 0.0001 17 20 cbr 1500 ------- 0 17.0 19.17 0 17
> + 0.0001 18 20 cbr 1500 ------- 0 18.0 19.18 0 18
> - 0.0001 18 20 cbr 1500 ------- 0 18.0 19.18 0 18
> r 0.001415 20 19 cbr 1500 ------- 0 18.0 19.18 0 18
> r 0.00264 20 19 cbr 1500 ------- 0 0.0 19.0 0 0
> r 0.003865 20 19 cbr 1500 ------- 0 1.0 19.1 0 1
>
> + 0.004476 6 20 cbr 1500 ------- 0 6.0 19.6 1 22
> + 0.004528 14 20 cbr 1500 ------- 0 14.0 19.14 1 23
> h 0.005052 1 20 cbr 1500 ------- 0 1.0 19.1 1 24
> r 0.00509 20 19 cbr 1500 ------- 0 0.0 19.0 0 0
> + 0.005152 1 20 cbr 1500 ------- 0 1.0 19.1 1 24
> h 0.005752 5 20 cbr 1500 ------- 0 5.0 19.5 1 25
>
> Above are two sections of same trace file from an Ethernet LAN simulation
> using CBR with UDP as traffic generator.
> Following problems, somebody please explain:
> * Packet with seq no. 0 is being received two times. Why?
> * Where does the 4th field 20 comes from? I have only 20 nodes from 0 to
> 19 and all the traffic is going from first 10 nodes to last 19th node.
> * 2nd and 3rd fields after the flag, say first one 17.0 and 19.17. What
> this "." notation stands for?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> DEV

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar