Re: [ns] HierNode: add-hroute

Since routing modules were created to provide abstraction to the
routing component of a node, add-hroute is no longer is used.
The method that should be used (irrespective of the type of classifier) is
Node instproc add-route { dst target }.
See ns-node.tcl for details.

--Padma.
ps. I will update the manual.

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Rob Ballantyne wrote:

>   Hello All,
>
>   The doc mentions add-hroute as the approprate method to add
> hierarchical routing info manually.  When I try I get:
>

>     (_o13 cmd line 1)
>     invoked from within
> "_o13 cmd add-hroute 0.0.1 _o21"
>     invoked from within
> "catch "$self cmd $args" ret"
>     (procedure "_o13" line 2)
>     (SplitObject unknown line 2)
>     invoked from within
> "$n0 add-hroute 0.0.1 $n1"
>     (file "two.tcl" line 45)
>

>   Which I believe I should interpret to mean _o13 (a node created
> after hierarchial mode is set) doesn't know how to process "cmd
> add-hroute."
>
>   I grep'd the entire source tree (cc & tcl) looking for "add-hroute"
> and it only
> occurs in AbsLanNode, LanNode, and some documentation.  Where is it
> actually
> defined?
>
>   BTW, I'm trying to manually route hierarchically.  IE rtproto is
> Manual
> and I'm try to add-hroute.
>
>   Thanks for any help!
>
> Rob

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar