Re: [ns] Wireless Error Help!

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Yeping Su wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using RedHat7.0 and ns-allinone-2.1b7a, and I met some problems with
> wireless part:
>
> $ns simple-wireless.tcl
> num_nodes is set 2
> warning: Please use -channel as shown in tcl/ex/wireless-mitf.tcl
> Starting Simulation...
> NS EXITING...

This is just a warning. The simulation should have run to completion.

> and
>
> $ns wireless1.tcl
> num_nodes is set 3
> warning: Please use -channel as shown in tcl/ex/wireless-mitf.tcl
> couldn't read file "../mobility/scene/cbr-3-test": no such file or
> directory
>     while executing
> "source.orig ../mobility/scene/cbr-3-test"
>     ("uplevel" body line 1)
>     invoked from within
> "uplevel source.orig $fileName"
>     (procedure "source" line 12)
>     invoked from within
> "source $val(cp)"
>     (file "wireless1.tcl" line 121)

run this script under ~ns/tcl/ex/ or ~ns/tcl/any-other-dir/
since the scenario file is read from ~ns/tcl/mobility/scene/cbr-3-test
(comes as part of ns distribution).

--Padma.

> Nothing shows up. Things not related to wireless seems fine, what's the
> problem here?
>
> Thanks a bunch!
>
> su

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar