[ns] ns2 and the DiffServ module

I am a student in Computer Science Engineering at University of Pisa, Italy.
In this period I am working on my thesis at Lappeenranta University of
Technology, Finland. The subject is "Differenciated Services for the
Internet".

Now I am working on the theoretical part and I am focusing my attention on
possible objectives of the empirical part (for which I'm going to use ns2
and Nortel Networks DiffServ module).

I would like to ask for some advice/information:

1. There is any kind of evaluation for the DiffServ module? If no, do you
think meaningfull to try to evaluate this module comparing performance
analisys of simulated network and performance analisys from real IP network
with DiffServ support?

2. Which kind of improvement/new features would be usefull for the DiffServ
module?

3. I would like to know which kind of work are taking place on the Differv
module. Could be a good idea to have some kind of list of on-going work and
lack of features. The evolution could be more fast and coherent.

4. In the ns2 there is any kind of support for the fBm (fractal Brown
distribution) for real time traffic? If no, there is anyone who is working
on it?

Thank you for collaboration.

Regards

Sergio Andreozzi