Re: [ns] satellite networks and ns

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Tsironis Fotis wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like some help:

> I want to set a network where some nodes have 1 terrestrial link
> and 1 satellite link (so to act like a "gateway"-see nodes n2,n4).

> If I define a node and set the two links (as defined in the
> previous line) I get some errors.

> What can I do?
> Any script available?
> I need a topology like this:
>
>                 n3(sat-GEO)
>                /      \
> n1-----n2           n4-----n5

The ns satellite code and 'normal' links don't interoperate. Since
you're GEO, do you have to use the satellite code, or would normal
long-delay links do?

A workaround would be to define your own terrestrial links in the
satellite C++ code, using latitude and longitude of ground terminals
to determine the length of curved fibres between them.

L.