RE: [ns] FlowMonitor <-- Please someone help me !

> Assuming your codes are working correctly, and you have already
> collected the flows stats as shown above, it's very simple to extract
> information you need from that file.

Good to know ;-)))

> However, it seems to me that the information
> collected using flow-monitor is not completed. I mean we can not get
information
> such as queue size, bdepatures and pdepartures.
> You can check file flowmon.cc  for details
> of the format of the collected stats. Does anyone have any idea
> about that.

Format of collected stats is :

                now,            // 1: time
                f->flowid(),    // 2: flowid
                0,              // 3: category
                f->ptype(),     // 4: type (from common header)
                f->flowid(),    // 5: flowid (formerly class)
                f->src(),       // 6: sender
                f->dst(),       // 7: receiver
                f->parrivals(), // 8: arrivals this flow (pkts)
                f->barrivals(), // 9: arrivals this flow (bytes)
                int(f->epdrops()),   // 10: early drops this flow (pkts)
                int(f->ebdrops()),   // 11: early drops this flow (bytes)
                parrivals(),    // 12: all arrivals (pkts)
                barrivals(),    // 13: all arrivals (bytes)
                int(epdrops()),      // 14: total early drops (pkts)
                int(ebdrops()),      // 15: total early drops (bytes)
                pdrops(),       // 16: total drops (pkts)
                bdrops(),       // 17: total drops (bytes)
                f->pdrops(),    // 18: drops this flow (pkts) [includes
edrops]
                f->bdrops()     // 19: drops this flow (bytes) [includes
edrops]

I'm a bit confused because the manual reads (section 22.7.1) :
[Because its a subclass of QueueMonitor, each flow monitor contains an
aggregate count of packet and bytes arrivals, departures and drops. This is
not necessary to create a separate queue-monitor ...]
However I dont see any reference to departures (packets or bytes) or queue
size ...
Do i need to do some instvar thing like it was necessary for monitor-queue
to get those useful stats ??

Thx alot for your code...I gained some insight with it ! However i'm still
unable to do what i want :(

What i would need is some code that can tell me
"ok on this 100 Mbps link there are 2 flows, udp is taking 80Mbps (lets say
source is 80Mbps) and tcp is getting 20 Mbps (source is 100Mbps)"

Do you think you could change part of your code so that the new procedure
you wrote could be called at regular intervals (lets say every 0.1s) so that
i know every 0.1s how many bytes have arrived instead of cumulated/averaged
??

Is that something that can be achieved with NS ?
if yes how ? plz tell me i really need and rather urgently now ...

Thx alot for the feedback its much appreciated

> Bye the way, there's one line in your codes (below) I don't understand,
and
> don't know where to find more information about it (I am new to NS). Could
you
> point me to where I can find more info about the following:
> set flowmon_0 [$ns makeflowmon Fid]

ok like I said i cutted and pasted pieces of code gathered accross the
archive ... I'm no programmer at all ... Im just trying to use the tool as
it is.
BUT having used it i *think* what this line does is it calls the monitoring
function ns has for flows, assigns it the handle flowmon_0, Fid is used to
track the various flows using flow id

Sincerely,

Thomas