From: Abhijeet Joglekar [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 2:38 PM
To: Kshirsagar, Shekhar [CENTR:437:EXCH]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [ns] Topology and Traffic Generation

> I can use some Topology Simulator to create the Network. I got that part.
> Now, to make all the nodes generate traffic to all other nodes, do I have to
> create
> agents for all nodes and connect them to each other for all these
> connections?

Yep! You could create TCP/UDP/CBR, whatever you want and connect them as
per your requirements! The ns documentation has it all!!

> It will be really helpful, if somebody can provide me some pointers, any
> scripts
> that can do this.

You can write your own script which will take the "number of nodes",
"number of agents", "agent type" etc as parameters and simply based on
some random assignment assign the agents to nodes! If you look at the
example simulation files in Greis tutorial, that will give you an idea of
how to generate these files.

abhijeet