Re: [ns] An ON-OFF Markov process

On Sun, 13 May 2001, Rafal Wielicki wrote:

> I'm looking for an implementation of traffic source which realizes an
> ON-OFF Markov process. Is there anybody who have something like this ?

	A couple of weeks ago, there was a discussion on this list on how
to generate Poisson traffic (exponentially distributed interarrival times,
exponentially distributed service times (i.e., packet sizes)). A Poisson
traffic generator is M/M/1, i.e., Markovian. You may want to use this as a
starting point.

	Cheers,
	--Nick

Nicolas Christin                        [email protected]
Multimedia Networks Group               http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~nc2y