Re: [ns] problems with ns

Hello friends,
	Actually I may not be clear earlier. I have received a number of
solutions to my problem saying dumping the whole of queue trace into a
file and then do postprocessing on it.

All I can get from a queue trace  are the events like packet arrival,
departure etc.

Now RED queue has certain state variables, like average queue
size, probability that a packet be dropped, and the current queue size
which I have to capture.

Doing postprocessing would mean do all this work again, ie
calculating the queue size, average queue size, probability. But this is
already there in the red implementation of NS.

I am looking for some mechanism of just getting these state
variables as well in the trace file. Is there any way of having some
more variables dumped into the trace file, at the time of events like
packet arrival, departure from the queue?

Now can this be done simply by using some oTCL utilities, or I have to
make changes to the C++ code for the Trace class.

If this can be done using tcl please tell me how.
Although the ns manual says that "none of the state variables of RED
implementation are accessible" on page 73.