[ns] token passing protocol help please

Hi ns-users. I am new to ns and i have some problems
that hopefully someone can help me out.

Q1. I read in the manual, p184, that you can use RNG
to generate some random numbers. i followed the four
lines of codes and puts "$e" and then i got _o3 with
the puts command. is that the right way of using RNG?

Q2. I want to randomly pick the sending and receiving
stations in a tcp simulation, this is related to Q1.
Can I parse the RNG into the src and dst ?

Q3. How can I implement a policy like that of token
ring, where a token must be recv before a station
transmits frames across the network? i am using tcp so
that takes care of the ack part but how can i make it
only one station using the network at a time?

thank you all in advance
melvin

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!