[ns] problem in binding new class variable

I need to add some class variable to Agent/LossMonitor.
I added the definition of the variable in the loss-monitor.h

class LossMonitor : public Agent {
public:
 LossMonitor();
 virtual int command(int argc, const char*const* argv);
 virtual void recv(Packet* pkt, Handler*);
protected:
         int newvar_;

LossMonitor::LossMonitor() : Agent(PT_NTYPE)
     newvar=0;
     bind("newvar_", &newvar_);
}

I compiled and all seemed to be good.

When I execute a script I receive the following message:

warning: no class variable Agent/LossMonitor::newvar_

I don't understand where is the problem. Any other change to do???

Thanks for your help

Sergio