Re: [ns] goodput calculation

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Rafal Wielicki wrote:

> Hi Lloyd !
> 	How can I modify an example form your homepage to extract goodput for
> each TCP source-sink pair ?

You'll need to hack ns (C++ and Tcl) to create a bound variable at the
sink, which gets incremented in the sink's recvBytes() function (or
before that is called). Once that's done, you can write OTcl trace
procedures for each sink, recording the value of the sink's variable
every so often, just as you do for cwnd_ at each sender.

At least you'll only have to write this once for all types of
TCPSink... I'd worry about resets at the sender too.

L.

and your TCP simulations will slow to a crawl.