Re: [ns] ns-allinone-2.1b8 installation problem

On Tuesday 12 June 2001 21:44, gaodeyun wrote:

> > ./configure
>
> checking for socket in -lsocket... (cached) no

If you are performing a fresh install, there should be nothing
cached.  Strangely enough, the ns-allinone tar-ball comes with a
config.cache file.

I tried this on a Solaris 7 box.  If I allow configure to use the
cache file, it doesn't find socket in the right place.  If I remove
the config.cache file, then rerun configure, socket is correctly
located.

I previously told you to use "make clean ; make".  I should have said
to try using "make distclean ; ./configure ; make".

--
Brian Lee Bowers	|	RADIANT Team
[email protected]	|	Los Alamos National Laboratory