Re: [ns] anyone can help me?

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Chanming Du wrote:

> I wanna use 'Snoop protocol'

waaah!

> I found that ns doesn't
> support Snoop protocol

http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-problems.html#ns-allinone-2.1b7

Problem:Snoop is broken!

Solution:Snoop has been broken for quite sometime.It has been fixed as
of 04.06.01, thanks to Benyuan Liu. The patch is available at
Snoop.patch.

(and that fix is in 2.1b8.) See also:

Merkourios Karaliopoulos, Rahim Tafazolli and Barry Evans,
Enhancing TCP's performance over GEO satellite links with split-
connections and link level retransmissions, London Communications
Symposium, London, UK, 14-15 September 2000.

http://www.ee.ucl.ac.uk/lcs/papers2000/content.html

which uses ns and that unsupported snoop protocol.

L.

I spent years pointing out that snoop was broken.
Now I'll have to spend years pointing out that snoop has been fixed.