[ns] new wireless LAN MAC protocol simulation within NS2

Hi all,

we would like to study and test a new wireless LAN MAC protocol designed by
ourselves. This protocol is 802.11-like but differs from 802.11 in several
aspects. We would like to test voice, data (HTTP-like)  and video traffic
over this network with the proposed protocol. Is it possible to simulate
this protocol (just the multiple access issues, not phy) with NS2? And, how
many mobile users can be supported, with an acceptable simulation time, by
NS2 running on Linux Pcs?
Just to start, we downloaded the ns-allinone-2.1b8 file, we unzipped it, we
read the README file, and we launched ./install on the same directory
created. We obtained the following:

* Build XGraph-12.1
./install: ./xgraph-12.1: No such file or directory
./install: ./configure: No such file or directory
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
Can not create xgraph; But xgraph is an optional package, continuing...
* Build CWeb
./install: ./cweb: No such file or directory
ns-allinone unable to install cweb for you. Please install it manually. cweb
is used by sgb to create sgblibrary needed by scenario-generator. But this
will not affect the use of ns as such, so continue..
* Build Stanford GraphBase
./install: ./sgb: No such file or directory
Unable to create sgb library. This library is used by gt-itm and so for
scenario generators. If you already have sgblib (possible if you are on
solaris,sunos or freebsd platforms) you may still be able to run gt-itm. so
continuing..
* Build GT-ITM
sgb lib not found. gt-itm & sgb2ns could not be installed. Continuing..
* Build zlib
./install: ./zlib-1.1.3: No such file or directory
./install: ./configure: No such file or directory
Zlib-1.1.3 configuration failed, but it's optional, so continuing ...
* Build tcl8.3.2

Gianluca Vannuccini and Gabriele Vestri, Florence.