[ns] Re: {2001.07.159} installation failure of the network simulator(nsversion 2)

First of all, Please post all ns-related questions to ns-users mailing
list. See http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-lists.html for info about
subscribing to ns lists. Action is ISI's own system support department and
has absolutely no clue about ns!

MAke sure you are using GNUzip to unzip it and not pkzip.
so in linux, typing

gunzip ns-allinone-2.1b8.tar.gz

should unzip and

tar -xvf ns-allinone-2.1b8.tar

should untar the file for you.
After which go to ns-allinone-2.1b8 dir and type ./install to begin
building ns.

--Padma

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar