[ns] CR/LF Conversion

Tue, Jul 10, 2001
Hi all,
I'm running on Windows98 and I'm trying to decompress the files *.tar.gz: if I use Winzip, I can select the option "TAR file smart CR/LF conversion": when selected, this option determines if "smart" CR/LF conversion should be performed when extracting from TAR files. However, I wish to use the "tar.exe" program included in Cygwin, but, unfortunately, I don't be able to convert every LF (the standard end of line indicator on Unix) to the standard end of line indicator on Windows, i.e. CR/LF.
Can I solve this problem without using Winzip?
Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks

Davide Oscar Nitti