Re: [ns] Tracing TCP

I suppose you can look in the trace file for 3 (or whatever value you have set
numdupacks_ to) duplicate ACKs requesting the retransmitted segment. If you
find those acks in the trace file then the retransmission was due to Fast Retransmit.
If not then you had a retransmission timer timout.

Dimitris.

--
Dimitris Velenis                              <[email protected]>
Network Management & Optimal Design Lab