[ns] ad-hoc protocols simulation

hi all,
I am trying to simulate a table-driven multicasting protocol for ad-hoc
networks. I'v been looking into the implementation of DSDV to understand how
routing tables are exchanged. my observations abt DSDV are :-

periodic advertisements are triggered with the command :-
s.schedule ( helper_, periodic_callback_, jitter(..));

NOTE : schedule takes the foll arguments ( <Handler>, <Event>, <delay> )

When I trace the code sequence I land in DSDV_Agent :: helper_callback
it has the foll piece of code :-

s.schedule ( target_ , p, jitter(..));

where p = packet which has the present state of the routing table
( packet derives from Event !! )

my question is : Is this the one responsible for advertising the
routing table ??? if so what is this " target_ " ???
also in a general sense i don't see any intializations for "target_"
what is this & where is it set ??

any help is appreciated...
thx,
srini