[ns] Sending "Destination Unreachable" to the application in Ad-Hoc Netoworks(AODV)

Hi everyone!

I'm currently doing some work on AODV. Acording to the aodv draft, the
routing agent should send a "destination unreachable" message to the
application if a RREP isn't received after a maximum of RREQ_RETRIES.

How would I implement this in NS? That is, how can I in aodv.cc tell the
"application" in the higher layer to stop sending?

It is of importance to implement this, since otherwise will the network be
flooded with RREQ's which shouldn't been sent!

This is not handled by the Mahesh AODV implementation, nor in the current
NS-2 v2.1b8a AODV implementation. In both implementations, the counter which
is used to check how many RREQ's has been sent without receiving a RREP, is
just being reseted to zero when it reaches RREQ_RETRIES. Thus, resulting in
that new RREQ's can be sent out again, and this scenario loops forever.

Regards,
G�ran