Re: [ns] bitrate of wireless nodes

On Thursday 26 July 2001 15:25, Neundorf Alexander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how do I set the bitrate of a wireless node ?
> I used ftp on a mobile node (basically wireless2.tcl from the tutorial) and
> got around 1 MBit/sec. I changed
> the line
> Phy/WirelessPhy set bandwidth_ 2e6
> Phy/WirelessPhy set bandwidth_ 1000
>
> and nothing changed :-(
>
> How can I set the bitrate ?

I have played with the bitrate_ variable and noticed a decreased number of
collisions when the bitrate_ was increased.
You can also see in ~ns/wireless-phy.cc that the variable is used when packet
transmission times are calculated.
This insinuates that the variable should have at least some affect.
/Dan