Re: [ns] DSR simulation

[email protected] wrote:

 >Hi all,
 >I'm working on ad-hoc networking and I've designed an extention to
 >DSR. Now i would like to know how can i simulate and validate it on
 >ns-2. I have gone throgh the ns-2 documentation and bit confused.
 >Which version of ns-2 is best to simulate ad hoc networks? Whether i
 >need to explicitly add the CMU's extensions? what should be the
 >visualizer,NAM or ad-hockey?
 >thanks for your time...
 >
 >Sag
 >

 >Enjoy being an Indyan at http://www.indya.com

I am working on a similar project that involves extending DSR. So far I
have used both
nam and ad-hockey for visualising the simulation results with each of
these offering
certain pro/cons. I am using ns-2.1b8a and it took me a while before I
could get the nam version
displaying node movement and packet transmission which is a nice asset
of nam but ad-hockey
is far superior when you want to understand topology changes and node
movement.
I start extending DSR by first understanding how it worked. So, I
downloaded the latest
version of ns and the CMU extensions (which are for a previous version
of DSR)
and got some of the original DSR simulation scripts to work with the new
ns. (that involved
quite a bit of messing with the simulation scripts to get them working
in the new version)

It 'll be interesting to see what other have done in this area. I am
particularly interested in
how people verify correctness of the protocol.

     - Andronikos