[ns] COPYRIGHTS out of date?

In the COPYRIGHTS file of ns, there is a license that is rather non-free, but
when I looked in the code, it appears it has been relicensed under old style
BSD terms. Am I correct in assuming the COPYRIGHTS file is out of date in
this respect?

 * Copyright (c) 2000, Nortel Networks.
 * All rights reserved.
 *
 * License is granted to copy, to use, to make and to use derivative
 * works for research and evaluation purposes.
 *
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR
 * IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED
 * WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
 *