RE: [ns] packet type in the common header

> I changed the webtraffic packet type in the tcp-full.cc to HTTP

I'm quite confused about the use of packet type field in the common packet
header. Http application fills it with PT_TCP and telnet and ftp as well.
Cbr traffic fills it has PT_CBR even if it uses udp agent. Realaudio uses
PT_REALAUDIO and so on.

In some case the transport protocol is used, in some other the application
protocol or application type. Why not use two fields, one for application
protocol, one other for transport protocol? It would be more clear.

If I have a http server and a ftp agent on the same node, how can I
distinguish packets? It seems port numbers are not used. Am I wrong?

Sergio