[ns] Problem with wireless simulation (Bug?)

I have run the wired-cum-wireless-sim.tcl simulation with ns 2.1b8a and it runs ok, however if I increase the number of mobile nodes everything works fine until I have 29 nodes, then ns crashes with a segmentation fault. This used to work ok with version 2.1b6 the only real difference I can see is the line
$node_($j) base-station [AddrParams addr2id \
              [$BS(0) node-addr]]

Is there something I don't know about addr2id ?
Or is there a bug?

Hope someone can help
Cheers
Tony Cricenti