[ns] About qlim in command add-gsl

Hi all,

I have a question about qlim in the command:

$node add-gsl $type $ll $qtype $qlim $mac $bw_up $phy /
[$node_satellite set downlink_] [$node_satellite set uplink_]

In the paragraph 17.2.2 of the NS manual I have found:

"qlim: The length of the interface queue, in packets."

If I use TCP, packet means TCP segment. Or if I use UDP, packet means UDP
packet.
Is it correct?
I'm not sure because, if I have understood figure 17.3 of the manual, this
queue is between Mac and LL, so these packets are in other words frames.
Could you give me some explanation? Thanks in advance,

Giuseppe Tringali