[ns] Parallel simulations and statistic run length control for ns using AKAROA-2

Dear ns-users,
Ever wanted to run your ns simulation on 10 machines in parallel (with
almost linear speedup)
and not care about writing out several 100 Mbytes of trace files?
Well, here is one (more) solution.
We have developed an interface for ns to access the parallelization and
run length control capabilities of AKAROA2,
a tool developed at the University of Canterbury in Christchurch, New
Zealand. It is designed for running quantitative stochastic
discrete-event simulations on Unix multiprocessor systems or networks of
heterogeneous Unix workstations. Instead of dividing up the program for
parallelization - a tremendous effort -, multiple instances of an
ordinary simulation program are run simultaneously on different
processors.

Further information and download of the interface at:
http://www-tkn.ee.tu-berlin.de/research/ns-2_akaroa-2/ns.html

Information to and download of AKAROA2:
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/research/RG/net_sim/simulation_group/akaroa/about.chtml

Good luck,
Hagen Woesner

PS.: It would be nice to hear if it works for you as well as for us.
Some improvements, including scripts to start simulations and to collect
data, will follow the week after the 20th of August. For now, I leave
for my holydays.