[ns] about ns

can any one tell me where or in what file i must do a checking of the packet header in every router if i must insert a protocol  need that ?
i insert a new packet header in ns or new field but i want to do a check at every router in order to do some operation , can any one help me this time ?
i hope that i receive a message from any user cause this is the 12 th time that i send a message without get an answer.
thank you for the person who will answer to me .