[ns] Dup

Hi all,
I intend to have an ns system running in a shared environment.For this I
tried haobo Yu's dup script and followed the instructions as given on the
USC website.But instead of ns-2.1b8a being a real directory it is also
becoming a symbolic link and i cannot create my own copy of ns in my own
directory.I have gone thru all of the steps but amunable to find the
problem.
If anyone has any idea why this may be happening I would really appreciate
a reply.
Thanks in advance.

Prashant Ratanchandani
2234 DCL                                          202 E. White Street #17
1304 W. Springfield Ave.                          Champaign IL 61820
Univ. Of Illinois
Urbana  61801