Re: [ns] Problem about the implemention of mac802_11

Hi,
From the 802.11 std. of 1999, it seems that we can not say Yes or No to a
station which has a pending PDU.
1) From chapt. 9.2.5.1:
"In general, a STA may transmit a pending MPDU when it is operating under
the DCF access method, either
in the absence of a PC, or in the CP of the PCF access method, when the STA
determines that the medium is
idle for greater than or equal to a DIFS period, or an EIFS period if the
immediately preceding medium-busy
event was caused by detection of a frame that was not received at this STA
with a correct MAC FCS value.
"
2) From chapt. 9.2.5.2
"A backoff procedure shall be performed immediately after the end of every
transmission with the More Fragments
bit set to 0 of an MPDU of type Data, Management, or Control with subtype
PS-Poll, even if no additional
transmissions are currently queued.
"
As noted above, one station may transmit when the medium is idle, but
unlikely to have chance capture the channel.

BTW: who can provide more docs about the 802.11 implementation in NS?