[ns] tcl8.3.2

Hello,

I saw this problem posted in the archived of the mailing list but the
solution given did not help.

I am trying to install the ns-allinone-2.1b8a on solaris machine SunOS 5.7.

Xgraph installs OK

SGB library does not and this is what happens before it exits:

ar rcv libgb.a gb_flip.o gb_graph.o gb_io.o gb_sort.o gb_basic.o
gb_books.o gb_e
con.o gb_games.o gb_gates.o gb_lisa.o gb_miles.o gb_plane.o gb_raman.o
gb_rand.o
gb_roget.o gb_words.o gb_dijk.o gb_save.o
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gra/ns-allinone-2.1b8a/sgb'
Unable to create sgb library, but it's optional, so continuing...

Gt-itm & sgb2ns could not be installed because there is not SGB library.

Zlib failed:

ar rc libz.a adler32.o compress.o crc32.o gzio.o uncompr.o deflate.o
trees.o zut
il.o inflate.o infblock.o inftrees.o infcodes.o infutil.o inffast.o
Zlib make failed, but it's optional Continue ...

Finally with TCL8.3.2

rm -f libtclstub8.3.a
ar cr libtclstub8.3.a tclStubLib.o
make: ar: Command not found
make: *** [libtclstub8.3.a] Error 127
tcl8.3.2 make failed! Exiting ...
For problems with Tcl/Tk see http://www.scriptics.com

I went to thier web site and redownloaded tcl8.3.2.  I noticed all of these
have a problem with the ar executable.  I verified that we have this and it
does run. It is located in a /usr/ccs/bin directory and run by typing "ar."

I am not sure what else to do. I also tried installing piece by piece but
got the same problem.

If anyone has any suggestions or tips I will be greatfull. Thank You.