[ns] Multiple users of Nam on same machine (Bug report + Question)

Hi there,

We have nam centrally installed on a machine and log in via X-sessions.
We found that only 1 console can exist on that machine (instead of per
user). As a consequence any second user trying to launch nam for their own
work will crash (!) the console of the first.

The output gives the first user a segmentation fault + an error in opening
a file usually residing in the second users directory. The second user also
fails in starting nam.

We're using debian linux (kernel version 2.2.17) running on an intel
machine, with ns-2.1b7 and nam v 1.0a9.

I've searched through the mailing list and the Faq's but did'nt find any
answers. (except a similar unanswered bug report a short while ago).

Do any of you have any workarounds for this problem ? (apart from the
obvious : install nam on several machines :-))

Thanks for any useful advice.

Erik Van Breusegem.