Re: [ns] how to change MAC_MIB, PHY_MIB default values?

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Susan Tsao wrote:

> However, when I try
> 	MAC_MIB set RTSThreshold_       4000
> 	PHY_MIB set CWMin_0               15
>
> I get errors:
> 	invalid command name "PHY_MIB"
>   	  while executing
> 	"PHY_MIB set CWMin_0             15            "
>
> Is there a command for which I can set PHY_MIB or MAC_MIB values?
> I know I can go into mac-802_11.cc and change these  values, recompile
> ns, and then run my script.

Exactly. They're static C structs; if you want them modifiable from
Tcl you'll need to rewrite them and everything touching them to deal
with some new, equivalent, class variables, instead.

Or you write tcl commands that invoke C functions that blat new
universal values into them instead - that doesn't give per-object
variability, though.

L.