[ns] Question about Error Model

Hi to all,
I have a simple question about Error Model in ns2 (ver. 2.1b7a on Linux
Mandrake 8): in ErrModel.cc, functions CorruptPkt() and CorruptByte() use a
variable called "u" to communicate the presence of errors in a packet. If
"u<rate_" or "u<per" respectively, they return "u", otherwise they return 0
for indicating the absence of errors. I don't understand very well the exact
meaning of "u". Can someone explain me it?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Sandro Petrizzelli
Last-year under-graduate, Electronic Engineering, Politecnico di Bari
(Italy)
(http://users.iol.it/sandry)