[ns] Problem with packet.h and scheduler.cc when trying to incorporate pgm code

Hi,
I am working on pgmcc(congestion control in pgm) on ns-2.1b8a version. When
I tried to incorporate the pgm code contributed by Ryan Barnett according to
the steps in Mark greis tutorial, and tried to do 'make', it gave me the
following error message:

packet.h: At top level:
packet.h:289: `int datalen_' used prior to declaration
packet.h:290: parse error before `}'
packet.h: In method `unsigned char * Packet::accessdata() const':
packet.h:327: parse error before `)'
packet.h: In method `void Packet::allocdata(int)':
packet.h:521: parse error before `('
packet.h: In method `class Packet * Packet::copy() const':
packet.h:564: `memcpy' cannot be used as a function
scheduler.cc: In method `void Heap::heap_insert(double, void *)':
scheduler.cc:422: `memcpy' cannot be used as a function
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `scheduler.o'

Can anyone help me in identifying the problem? I would be grateful if I
could get some example scripts for pgmcc.
Thanks
-Shanti Katta