Re: [ns] TCP - Segments out of order

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Beatriz Hargrave da Silva wrote:

> Does anybody know what is the TCP behavior when due to different routes
> in  the network, TCP segments continuously arrive out of order at the
> TCP receiver (but after sometime the missing segments arrive) ?

Effects on TCP of routing strategies in satellite constellations
    Lloyd Wood, George Pavlou, Barry Evans
refereed journal paper, Special issue on Satellite-Based Internet
Technology and Services, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 39, no. 3,
pp. 172-181, March 2001.

 http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/publications/

> How could I simulate that in the NS ? (I just know how to simulate a
> segment loss, but what I want is that the segments arrive out of order
> ...)

I used DV routing and multipath in a mesh network. See:

Read also:
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/archive/ns-users/webarch/2001/msg04953.html
Re: [ns] Multipath Question
Lloyd Wood, 10 Oct 2001

which throws more light on the multipath approach for
reordering. Build a not-quite-square mesh with different link delays,
aand you can make reordering happen.

L.