Re: [ns] Problems with statistics in runnig tcl scripts in ns2

Hi Jorge,

You can look into the NS manual for trace support given by NS, it says
how to interpret trace files & talks about their format. I have tried it
for wireless nodes & have seen that it works, so this should work also.

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

Gautam

I'm actually running tcl scripts in the ns2 and I've alittle problem.
I'm able to run then and to see the *.nam file in the NAM , but I don't
understand what can
I do to get statistics from the files. There are usually (in the tcl's
I'm runnig) two output files for stats( outstats.tr and otevents.tr),
but I don't understand
how can I use these file to plot things like "number of packet
loss",.... Does anybody know how to do this????Do you know how can I see
the statististics array
generated by the ns???? I'm runnig tcl like the one of the attachment. I
would be very thankful if somebody could help me .

Thanks for paying attention to this mail.

Best Regards

            Jorge
Gautam Chakrabarti
MS Student
Computer Sc. and Engg Department
Michigan State University

Email : [email protected]
Home Page : http://www.cse.msu.edu/~chakra10

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.
			--- Ogden's Law