[ns] Accessing Energy state through routing agent

hi,
       I am trying to simulate routing of packets based on the energy level of
nodes . I need to know how can one send the current energy level of the node
to the routing agent attached to that node .

As an example when we do :

node-config -adhocrouting DSDV "

We make a new Agent/DSDV and send node id as a parameter , now this id (
address) remains constant throughout the simulation ( I am assuming this!)
whereas the energy level of the node changes all the time and
my routing agent needs to know this energy level to construct packets .

i want to know if i pass the node itself as a parameter during the creation to
DSDV constructor then will i be able to access node->energymodel()->energy_
and get the energy value correctly ?
I think it boils down to if the parameter passing is by reference or by value
between and OTcl and C++ . Is thery any other way u might suggest to get to
know the energy level of the node to which my routing agent is attached?

  thanks ,
  nitin