[ns] [bug] Seg fault when populating hierarchy with PCF

[Bug Report]

-----------------------------
Category:  Other
Package:   ns 2.1b8
OS:        Linux localhost.localdomain 2.2.16-22 #5
Environment Variables:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=
TCL_LIBRARY=
TK_LIBRARY=

-----------------------------

Description of Problem:
Whenever I try to use 32 or more nodes using the 802.11 PCF module, ns reports that it is "Starting Simulation..." and then receives a SIGSEGV signal and the segmentation fault causes a core dump.  Basic debugging indicates the error occurs in Simulator::populate_hier_classifiers().

How Easily Reproducible:
every time

Steps to Reproduce:
(describe the minimal set of steps necessary to trigger the bug)
1. Install 802.11 PCF module http://www.sm.luth.se/~dugdale/index/software.shtml/
2. cd ~ns/pcf_dist/ex
3. ns pcftest.tcl 32 20 30ms 30B foo 30

Actual Results:
ns reports that it is "Starting Simulation..." and then receives a SIGSEGV signal and the segmentation fault causes a core dump.  Basic debugging indicates the error occurs in Simulator::populate_hier_classifiers().

Expected Results:
Simulation should have actually started, with results stored in trace files.

Additional Information:
http://www.sm.luth.se/~dugdale/index/software.shtml/

"yes, I've read the FAQ, ns-problems page,
            and manual and I couldn't find the answer there"