From: "Di-Fa Chang"
To: "Joo-Han Song"
Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2001 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: [ns] segmentation fault during simulation of AODV

> if you can post your simulation script, then other people may
> have the time to test it and find the bugs.
>
> thanks,
> difa
>
> On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Joo-Han Song wrote:
>
> > Hi all users,
> >
> > I am having a confusing problem. I am doing a wireless simulation using
AODV that makes 'segmentation fault' error as the scenario comes to be
bigger. (In my case 1500 X 300 grids, 50 mobile nodes, 30 maximum
connections, rate is 4 duing 900 second simulation using allinone version
ns-2.1b8a).

> > When I changed the routing mechanism to DSR in same scale scenario,
there was no problem like this. So I guess it might be the problem of AODV
source files in allinone version ns-2.1b8a
> > Is there anybody who having similar problems or solutions?
> > Also, which set of source files for AODV is the newest version and where
can I find them?

> > I have already talked with Mr. Mahesh Marina about this problem, but he
said that because someone else has ported their code on his website to
ns-2.1b8a, he don't know the details.

> > Any help will be appreciated lots.
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Joo-Han